Dear Community Leaders,Schools, Businesses,Residents and Media:
Right now, we have a short window of opportunity to position Bedford County for additional broadband funding to help those in our county who are still unserved or underserved by high-speed internet. The new Broadband Map has been released by the FCC with the ability to challenge broadband service data by individual address. Challenges must be made by JANUARY 13, 2023, which will help determine how the Broadband Equity, Access and Deployment (BEAD) Program funding will be allotted. The $42B included in this program is funded by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. As the Federal Government determines where to deploy funding, it is critical that Bedford County Map inaccuracies are corrected...and currently, there are many inaccuracies.
WE ONLY HAVE A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME TO ACT. We must work together to see that necessary challenges are made by the January 13th deadline. PLEASE HELP.
Go to the Bedford County website at www.bedfordcountypa.org. Click on the news page to access the Broadband Map where an individual can input their address and begin a challenge. Detailed directions can also be found there to assist with completing a challenge. The Broadband Map can be accessed directly at https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/home. You can also see how to make a challenge here: https://5il.co/1maxa. A fact sheet can be found here: https://5il.co/1maxc.
WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW:
• Forward this email with attachments to all those in your contact list, asking them to check their address and make challenges to inaccurate information. Also encourage them to forward the email to their contact lists.
• Provide assistance to those without internet capabilities and anyone who needs help. Currently, a help desk and laptop computer stations are available at the following locations:
o All County Public Libraries (beginning immediately)
• Bedford: Monday, Wednesday ,Friday from 8:30AM to 6 PM ; Tuesday and Thursday from
8:30AM to 4 PM ; Saturday 9 AM to 2 PM
• Everett: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9 AM until 5 PM ; Tuesday and Thursday from
12 PM to 7 PM ; Saturday 9 AM to 4 PM
• Hyndman: Monday 11AM to 5 PM ; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11AM to 7 PM
• Saxton: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 AM to 5 PM ; Saturday 9AM to 1PM
o Bedford County Courthouse (January 3- 13 Weekdays)
Commissioners Office, 3rd floor ; 8:30AM to 4:30 PM, Monday- Friday
Commissioners' Office: 814-623-4807
County Planning Dept: 814-623-4827
County GIS Dept: 814-624-2688
Bedford Library: 814-623-5010
Everett Library: 814-652-5922
Hyndman Library: 814-842-3782
Saxton Library: 814-635-3533