MISSION, VISION, BELIEFS & VALUES
Empowerment, Equality, Excellence in Education
“The Everett Area School District is dedicated to excellence in education by empowering students through individualized learning, equality of opportunity, and fostering a lifetime of success in a global society.”
- should have a safe, inviting, inclusive and supportive learning environment.
- has the ability to learn.
- should be guided by a qualified adult advocate in personal and academic development.
- has the right to an education that addresses his/her individual learning style.
- has a personal responsibility to foster his/her own learning.
- should be engaged in active and purposeful learning with a curiosity and desire to advance because learning is a life-long process.
- is enabled to reach his/her highest potential through education.
- are knowledgeable about their students, current educational and developmental research and best practices.
- teach a curriculum that is challenging, exploratory, integrative and relative to 21st Century learning.
- will use varied and ongoing assessments to measure and advance student learning.
- are engaged in active and purposeful learning with a curiosity and desire to advance the life-long learning process.
About the Community:
- The school should include community and business partners.
- Parental involvement is essential to a student's education.
- A well-educated and secure community is essential to the maintenance and improvement of the economic and social well being of its society.
- It is the responsibility of the community to provide for and share in the education of all students in a safe, healthy environment.
The Everett Area School District strives to consistently foster the following key basic characteristics within its students, staff, leaders and community members:
Integrity: We are honest, ethical, loyal and trustworthy.
Compassion: We foster kindness, generosity, care, selflessness and service to others.
Respect: We are committed to respecting self, others and community while celebrating and affirming importance of human differences.
Pride: We strive for excellence by imparting a sense of achievement in self and community.
Collaboration: We partner with others to achieve common goals.
Resiliency: We strive to persevere, in spite of adversity, resulting in adaptability and personal growth.